Here you are 5 quick tips for a Merry Christmas:
- Reduce the muddiness by cutting in the range of 250Hz
- Always high-pass your tracks until they sound thin, then go back a little to leave the right low range
- Try to use narrow Q when cutting and wide Q when boosting
- Make all the tracks fit better in the mix juggling frequecies: if you think that kick drum need a cut at 500Hz then boost the bass at the same frequecy. They will definitely fit better.
- Trust your ears: if you ear that something need some fixes don’t be lazy and fix it trying some subtractive EQ. And then listen again! 😉
As you can see, the image is the cover art of the first Trans-Siberian Orchestra album “Christmas Eve and other stories“, if don’t know anything about that you should definitely check their songs out! Merry Metal Chrstimas to all of you guys!